North Church seeks to provide clothing and food for those who need help and assistance for refugees. In addition, here are other ministries we support:
Family Justice Center Satellite:
- The satellite is located next door to the church at 330 N. Forest Rd. Telephone number is 716-634-4309. Up-to-date hours of operation are available at the Family Justice Center’s website.
- The FJC provides free services for domestic abuse victims and their children through an extensive collaboration with 13 partner agencies, all located at one secured, comfortable location, where victims can get all the services they need to safely escape abuse. The FJC is not a shelter.
- North Church supports the FJC in many ways including volunteer hours, books, toys, supplies and Tops cards.
Local Mission Aid:
- Duffield Camp & Retreat Center offers children’s summer camps. Amherst Youth Foundation offers a broad range of programs to benefit the youth.
- Our Christmas Giving Tree project provides needed items for selected families from two local agencies.
- Planned Parenthood provides nonjudgmental reproductive health care
- Habitat for Humanity Buffalo has assisted more than 300 families in achieving their dream of homeownership since 1985.
- The Rural Outreach Center (ROC), located in East Aurora, is a ministry working to end rural poverty in southern Western New York. They focus on children, education, and job creation to empower participants working toward self-sufficiency.
We work to keep abreast of emerging needs, recently sending support for the Amherst Warm Clothing Project, the hurricanes in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands as well as for the famine in South Sudan.
In addition to direct support to agencies, we feel it is also necessary to recognize and support those groups who advocate for the issues we feel are important. Many of these are listed below.