We welcome you to worship with us and invite you to become part of the congregation of North Church. We are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church, USA. The following is a quote from the PC(USA) website explaining some of our core beliefs:
“Presbyterians are distinctive in two major ways: they adhere to a pattern of religious thought known as Reformed theology and a form of government that stresses the active, representational leadership of both ministers and church members.”
Some of the principles articulated by John Calvin remain at the core of Presbyterian beliefs. These include the statements that:
- God is the supreme authority throughout the universe.
- Our knowledge of God and God’s purpose for humanity come from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ.
- Our salvation (justification) through Jesus Christ is God’s generous gift to us, and not the result of our own accomplishments.
- It is everyone’s job – ministers and lay people alike – to share this Good News with the whole world.
We encourage you to visit North Church (see Worship With Us) and examine the various ways in which you can become a part of this vibrant group of people that is seeking to live and grow spiritually in the name of Jesus Christ.
One becomes an active member of North Church through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and acceptance of His Lordship in all of life. New members can be received in three ways:
- by transfer of church membership
- upon reaffirmation of faith in Jesus Christ
- upon profession of faith
If you want to know more about North Church and/or becoming a member, please contact the Church Office at 716-632-1330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.