On Sunday, November 21, 2021 we will provide about 500 complete dinners to organizations, who will disburse the food to people who need help.
But to arrive at that exciting day, we need lots of help!
We will be partnering with our friends at Congregation Shir Shalom, Temple Beth Zion, and students and faculty from Williamsville East High School. Temple Beth Tzedek is joining with our Jewish congregation partners as part of their canned food drive this year. Additional support will come from Wolter’s Bakery, Amherst Presbyterian Church and Christ United Methodist Church and the Girl Scouts again this year.
Each basket contains the following:
- 1 frozen turkey (10-15 lbs.)
- 1 stuffing mix
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 2 cans of vegetables
- 2 cans of fruit
- 1 bag of potatoes
- 1 dessert (cake mix and frosting or brownie mix)
What You Can Do
There are many ways you can get involved in this ministry.
- Provide a complete basket (the church has limited space to store frozen turkeys; please call ahead if you need to bring your turkey the week of November 14) or parts of a basket
- Offer to store turkeys in your freezer
- Donate money: write a check made out North Presbyterian Church and mail it to 300 N. Forest Rd., Williamsville, NY 14221. Write “turkey basket” on the memo line.
- Help sort food on Saturday, November 20, at 9:00 a.m. at North
- Help hand out baskets to organizations on Sunday, November 21 starting at 9:00 a.m.
If you have questions, please call Debbie at 716-903-1053 or call the church office at 716-632-1330.