On Sunday, November 24, we will provide nearly 500 complete dinners to organizations that will distribute the dinners to families who need help in our community. But to arrive at that exciting day, we need lots of help! We will again be partnering with our friends at Congregation Shir Shalom, Temple Beth Zion, Williamsville East High School, Amherst Presbyterian Church, Christ United Methodist Church, Goldberg Segalla, L&M Financial, and Girl Scouts to collect and assemble the baskets. Print and return 2019 Turkey Basket Ministry Form. (We also have copies at church.)
Each basket contains the following:
- 1 frozen turkey
- 1 stuffing mix
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 2 cans of vegetables
- 2 cans of fruit
- 1 bag of potatoes
- 1 dessert (cake mix and frosting, or brownie mix)
What You Can Do
There are many ways you can get involved in this ministry.
- Provide a complete basket (the church has limited space to store frozen turkeys; please call ahead if you need to bring your turkey to the church the week of Nov. 17) or provide parts of a basket
- Offer to store turkeys in your freezer
- Donate money:
- Please make checks out to North Presbyterian Church and write “turkey basket” on the memo line.
- Mail checks to 300 N. Forest Rd., Williamsville, NY 14221 or give safely and securely online.
- Please note that any surplus funds will be used to support hunger needs throughout the year.
- Help assemble baskets on Saturday, November 23, at 9:00 a.m. at North Presbyterian Church
- Help load baskets into organization transportation on Sunday, November 24, starting at 9:00 a.m.
- If you have questions, please call or text Tim Hutton at 716-481-4781, or call the church office at 716-632-1330.